Skip to main content
Link to APA Referencing Style 7th Edition
For introduction on APA Referencing 7th edition, please refer to: APA Style Page.
You may also refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 7th ed . The print version of the manual is available in the Library, BF76.7 P97 2020.
If you have problems with citations, or require more information, contact the following library staff:
1. Help Desk Tel: 74918622 ext. 7050/7051
2. Reference Division Tel: 74918622 ext.7054/7055/7056
3. Service Counter Tel: 74918622 ext. 7073
- Acknowledging sources of information in a standardised method.
- Full details of the source must be given.
- All information sources used in your assignment must be acknowledged.
- To show that your work can be substantiated with facts.
- To acknowledge the works of others.
- To allow others to identify and retrieve the references.
- If you do not acknowledge the sources uses, you will be guilty of plagiarism and disciplinary action may be taken against you.
- Quoting, i.e. directly copying the words of another.
- Paraphrasing, i.e. putting the ideas of another in your own words.
- Summarising, i.e. putting the main ideas of another in your own words.
1. In-text, i.e. in the text of your essay identifying the author surname only (i.e. last name) and page number with parenthesis.
2. Reference list, corresponding entry with full publication details. Entries are in alphabetical order.
Library Resources on the APA Referencing Style
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association
Call Number: BF76.7 P97 2020
Publication Date: 2020
Document No. WL/068
14 February 2020
Questions and Feedback: email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 03-74918622 ext. 7050.
Copyright © Sunway Campus Library 2018. A member of the Sunway Education Group