Skip to main content
APA Referencing Style
This guide provides some examples on how to document sources in APA citation style. It is based on the 6th edition of the “Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association and also other references as listed under Acknowledgement.
To view how sources are cited in APA style, you may click on the tabs to know more.
If you have problems with citations, or require more information, contact the following library staff:
1. Help Desk Tel: 74918622 ext. 7050/7051
2. Reference Division Tel: 74918622 ext.7054/7055/7056
3. Service Counter Tel: 74918622 ext. 7073
- Acknowledging sources of information in a standardised method.
- Full details of the source must be given.
- All information sources used in your assignment must be acknowledged.
- To show that your work can be substantiated with facts.
- To acknowledge the works of others.
- To allow others to identify and retrieve the references.
- If you do not acknowledge the sources uses, you will be guilty of plagiarism and disciplinary action may be taken against you.
- Quoting, i.e. directly copying the words of another.
- Paraphrasing, i.e. putting the ideas of another in your own words.
- Summarising, i.e. putting the main ideas of another in your own words.
1. In-text, i.e. in the text of your essay identifying the author surname only (i.e. last name) and page number with parenthesis.
2. Reference list, corresponding entry with full publication details. Entries are in alphabetical order.
Library Resources on the APA Referencing Style
Cite Right by
Call Number: PN171.F56 L76 2011
Publication Date: 2011-05-15
Pocket Guide to APA Style by
Call Number: BF76.7 P45 2012
Publication Date: 2011-01-01
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association by
Call Number: BF76.7 P97 2010
Publication Date: 2010-01-01
Writing with Style by
Call Number: BF76.8 S99 2008
Publication Date: 2007-03-27
Document No. WL/026
11 September 2019
Questions and Feedback: email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 03-74918622 ext. 7050.
Copyright © Sunway Campus Library 2018. A member of the Sunway Education Group