Duration: 1 - 1.5 hours
1. Explain assignment / topic.
2. Identify important keywords. Identify synonyms.
3. Refine search strategy using Boolean Operators.
4. Using the search terms, search library materials from SearchAll.
5. Highlight specific databases or websites important for assignment / topic.
6. Understand the elements for scholarly Academic Journals such as journal; article; author; volume; issue number; DOI; pages; database name.
II. Learning Outcome
1. Explores general information sources to increase familiarity with the topic
2. Students will be able to identify key concepts and terms related to their assignments / topics
3. Students will be able to refine the search strategy.
4. Students will be able to find library materials related to their assignments/topics
5. Understand the format of scholarly articles.
Need further details? Contact Goh Wei Haan at email@example.com