Duration: 2 hours
1. Explore the topic / research title by : -
a. Using a Concept map.
b. Identify important keywords.
c. Identify synonyms or related terms.
d. Build search strategy using Boolean Operators.
2. Use the search statement to find related resources in: -
c. Affiliated University Libraries resources (if any)
3. Understand the elements for scholarly Academic Journals such as journal; article; author; volume; issue number; DOI; pages; database name
II. Learning Outcome
1. Student will be able to identify key concepts and terms that describe the topic.
a. Able to visually work through their topics.
b. Brainstorming for keywords.
c. Learn to expand the keywords more relevant to their topic.
d. Combine search terms by Boolean Operators
2. Student will be able to constructs a search strategy using appropriate terms for the research tools.
a. Able to use basic and advanced search techniques in various research tools.
3. Understand the format of scholarly articles.
Need further details? Contact Goh Wei Haan at firstname.lastname@example.org