Duration: 1.5 - 2 hours
Part 1: Information Search
1. Reading List Database:
2. Demo SearchAll
3. Show how to do basic research using Research Starter.
4. Understand the elements for scholarly Academic Journals such as journal; article; author; volume; issue number; DOI; pages; database name
Part 2: Authority of information sources
1. Students analyzing a source (eg. a scholarly journal article, a book review, an opinion piece, a news article, a blog post, a twitter feed, etc). Students examine the source by answering the following:
II. Learning Outcome
1. Students will be able to use Reading List Database effectively and efficiently to locate recommended materials.
2. Use SearchAll to find library materials such as books, magazines, newspapers and scholarly articles.
3. Students will be able to get background information on their topics and do assignment.
4. Understand the elements for scholarly articles.
6. Students will be able to evaluate the credibility of those sources.
7. Students will be able to identify and explain different types of information sources.
8. Students will be able to identify the type of sources suitable for their assignments.
Need further details? Contact Goh Wei Haan at email@example.com
Document No. WL/076
28 August 2020
Questions and Feedback: email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 03-74918622 ext. 7050.
Copyright © Sunway Campus Library 2018. A member of the Sunway Education Group