Duration: 1 hour
1. Reading List Database:
- Access to the database according to a particular programme and subject.
- Explain Location and Call number in the catalog record.
- Explain the location of an item by using Shelf Plan.
2. Demo SearchAll
a. How to search for an item by Author, Title, keywords.
b. How to limit by printed books, e-books, articles from magazines.
c. Explain the elements of an article from magazine.
3. Show how to do basic research using Research Starter.
II. Learning Outcome
1. Student will be able to use Reading List Database effectively and efficiently to locate recommended textbooks.
2. Use SearchAll to find library materials such as books, magazines and newspapers.
3. Student will be able to get background information on a topic and do assignment.
Need further details? Contact Goh Wei Haan at email@example.com